Truck Accident Lawyer in Iowa
Regardless of where you live in Iowa, you surely benefit from the operation of large trucks on a daily basis. Indeed, large trucks carry various consumer goods and products, building materials, and other basic necessities to businesses and residents throughout our state on a daily basis.
While trucks are absolutely necessary, and while driving around large trucks is something that most people encounter daily, large trucks can be dangerous. The effects of a large truck accident can be devastating, leaving those involved with severe losses and long-term harm.
Causes of Truck Accidents
In order to recover financial damages after a truck accident in Iowa, an injured party must first identify the cause of the truck accident and the corresponding liable party. A list of common causes of truck accidents include–
- Driver negligence. The majority of truck accidents occur because of the negligence of a driver involved in the crash – either the truck driver or the driver of the small vehicle. Examples of drivers’ errors that can lead to crashes include driving too fast for conditions, failing to slow on turns, driving while distracted or impaired, driving aggressively, failing to observe blind spots, and performing other illegal maneuvers.
- Vehicle malfunction. Sometimes, an accident is out of a driver’s control and is instead caused by a vehicle defect and malfunction. Examples of vehicle defects that can lead to truck accidents include tire blowouts, faulty brakes, and steering defects – of course, this list is not inclusive.
- Trucking company error. Trucking companies have a responsibility to regularly service and maintain trucks, conduct background checks on drivers, and ensure that drivers are properly trained and operating vehicles according to hours of service requirements set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Shipper/loader error. Finally, an accident may be the result of a shift in cargo, which may have been prevented but for an error on the part of the shipper or loader of the cargo, such as the improper securement of goods.
We Build Strong Truck Accident Cases
Our truck accident lawyers in Iowa understand the numerous potential causes of trucks accidents and the long list of potentially liable parties, as well as the complexity that accompanies these facts. We know how to conduct a proper investigation, bring in the right experts for the job, and ensure that all evidence relevant to a claim is preserved. We are also skilled and aggressive negotiators and talented litigators; we don’t back down when the going gets tough, and you can count on us to fight for you.
Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Iowa for Your Free Consultation
A truck accident can leave an individual with disabling permanent injuries, questions about the future, and psychological harm. When you call our Iowa truck accident lawyer at the office of VanDerGinst Law, we will start working on your case immediately, and do everything we can to ensure that you get the settlement award that you deserve. A consultation with our truck accident lawyer is offered free of charge – please get in touch with us today to get started.
The information contained on this website is presented by VanDerGinst Law P.C. It is not intended nor should it be construed as professional legal advice. The information is general in nature about the Firm, the scope of services we offer, and our community outreach, it is not legal advice. Please contact us by phone, email, mail, or via this website for inquiries. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a personal injury attorney for a consultation regarding your situation. This website is not intended to solicit clients outside the State of Iowa and/or the State of Illinois.
Truck accidents can happen for a wide variety of reasons. Some of these reasons include: Shipper/loader error, driver negligence, vehicle malfunction, or even a trucking company error. Whatever the reason for your truck accident may be, contact an experienced truck accident attorney at VanderGinst Law today for a free consultation.
At VanDerGinst Law we will do the necessary and proper investigation, and bring in the right experts to help if necessary. We are also aggressive negotiators and skilled litigators that can help you get the settlement you deserve.
See Other Related Articles
- 18-Wheeler Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
- How Are Truck Accidents Different Than Car Accidents?
- Interstate 80 Quad Cities Truck Accident
- Important Information For Anyone Involved In A Motor Vehicle Accident
- Steps to Take after an 18 Wheeler Truck Accident
- Truck Accident Claims Require Experienced Counsel