“Hard Headed Kids” Scholarship Video Contest 2019
For years, Vanderginst Law has proudly provided thousands of bicycle helmets to children to promote the importance of safety when riding a bicycle.
Wearing a helmet while riding a bicycle is extremely important and can greatly reduce the chance of a head injury.
Vanderginst Law is proud to present the “Hard Headed Kids” video contest. We are asking students to create a 2-3 minute video showing how to properly exercise bicycle safety laws.
To enter, here’s what you have to do:
- Create your video: Make sure it is no more than 3 minutes long
- Video essay may use a technical or narrative style, including but not limited to documentary, fiction, live action or animation. Profane or sexually explicit submissions will not be considered.
- Upload your video and title it “Hard Headed Kids” – Vanderginst Law Scholarship Contest
- Send the link in the form below (uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, or similar)
- Your name, mailing address, and phone number
- The school you will be enrolling in or are enrolled in and a copy of your acceptance letter or transcript
- Your area of study
The video should include:
- Using a helmet according to the proper safety guidelines
- Tips on how to properly wear a bicycle helmet
- Practicing BEST bicycle safety guidelines when riding your bike
- Using proper hand signals
- Riding with traffic present
- Looking left and right
Remember, to provide your own unique tips!Submit Your Entry Here
WHO CAN ENTER?
High school seniors accepted to a university, college, or trade school, or students currently enrolled in a university, college, or trade school (or enrolled to begin by the Spring semester of 2019).
Their will be a total of 5 winners with the scholarship contest. The amount to each place is as follows:
1st Place: $2,500
2nd Place: $1,000
4th Place: $500
5th Place: $250
Video essays will be judged on their creativity and persuasiveness.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
All entries for the 2019 scholarship must be received by December 3rd, 2019.