Receptionist/Legal Assistant/Intake Coordinator
Full time / Will
Cedar Rapids, IA
The preferred candidate will have a demonstrated ability to assist a multi-attorney practice, headquartered in the Quad Cities with a satellite location in Cedar Rapids, by performing receptionist and legal assistant duties of client intake/interviewing both by phone and in person, and other duties as assigned. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Greet clients in person and on phone and interview them, documenting all information needed to document and assess the client’s claim
- Interact with referring entities and their offices
- Accurately enter client information into client data base system
- Prepare requested tracking and spreadsheet information
- Assist a Legal Assistant / Paralegal in administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, file organization, and phone calls.
- Possess a professional demeanor with effective communication and phone skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to organize tasks and responsibilities, and timely follow up as required
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- High school and/or GED
- Microsoft Office Experience including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with phone customer interaction
- Demonstrated record of regular work attendance
- Must be dependable and reliable
- 1+ years’ experience in a professional office or setting
- 1+ years customer service, call center, and /or sales
- Experience in a legal office or working in a legal/law office environment
- Post high school college
- AA or BA/BS
Compensation: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour, DOE.
offers health/dental/vision and life insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.
Hours Requirements: This is a full-time position, generally 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM on Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time. Employer will consider an applicant desiring part-time employment.
Send resume to: Dennis VanDerGinst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check. This employer is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. In compliance with all Federal and State equal employment laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, gender preference, gender identity, or non-job related disability.
View all available positions on our Careers page.