Getting injuries on the job can create confusion. Clarissa from our Des Moines office joins us on today’s episode to help demystify work comp.
Work comp can be a confusing subject, and when you’re in the middle of dealing with an injury on the job, it may be hard to tell what’s right and what’s wrong. Clarissa from our Des Moines office joins us on today’s episode to help demystify work comp.
In This Episode
- What is work comp?
- The required employee and employer relationship
- I receive a 1099, can I get work comp?
- Are truck drivers considered to be employees?
- I work for a small business, am I covered under work comp?
- Am I covered if I own the business?
- How to know if my injury is work related
- How does remote, work from home relate to work comp?
- What types of injuries are covered?
- Some things you might not think are covered
- How do pre-existing conditions factor in to work comp?
- What to do first after you are injured on the job
- Should I fill out the paperwork given to me by my employer?
- What if I don’t find out about a work-related illness for months or years?
- What are the statute of limitations for work comp claims?
- What to do about employer retaliation when you file a claim
- What doctor should I see after a work related injury?
- My injury happened in a different state, how do the laws work there?
- What if I experience malpractice during my covered care?
- Is injury on the way to treatment covered?
- What about mental injury obtained while on the job?
- What benefits are given for injuries on the job?
- Are my lost wages covered under work comp?
- Do I get full wages while recovering from my injury?
- What’s the difference between temporary and permanent disability?
- How maximum medical improvement (MMI) relates to your case
- When you should get a second opinion and get an attorney for your case
- How attorneys are compensated for their work on your work comp case
- Reimbursement in 3rd party work comp claims
- When you want to call a personal injury attorney instead of a general practitioner
More Episodes of Legal Squeaks
Placing a loved one in a nursing home is one of the most difficult decisions. Learn how to identify if abuse or neglect is taking place.
Barbara Capasso and John Ray from Mass Tort Nexus are here today to provide their expert insights into the hernia mesh litigation.