Community Outreach Coordinator
VanDerGinst Law is in search of Community Outreach Coordinators for our Des Moines and Chicago locations.
This position will represent the company and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase company visibility within the surrounding community. This position would be an ambassador for the firm, working to establish relationships with individuals, businesses, and other organizations within the market.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with good organizational skills, a positive attitude, readiness to be a team player, and disciplined to work independently.
- The position will require a significant amount of traveling throughout the market area and occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities including appointments, community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Schedule regular outreach with the community including individuals, businesses, and other organizations.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Assist in the organization of special events.
- Prepare accurate records and reports.
- Work with management to maintain an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- A background in sales and/or marketing is required.
- Preferred experience of 3 years or more in outreach and/or sales
- The ideal candidate would have some law office background but is not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related fields preferred but not required
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience in preparing reports and tracking activities.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ideal candidate is located in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City area.
health/dental/vision and life insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.
This is a full-time
position, generally 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to
3:30 PM on Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of
a criminal background check. This employer is a drug and alcohol-free
workplace. In compliance with all Federal and State equal employment laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, gender preference, gender
identity, or non-job-related disability.
Send resume to: Dennis VanDerGinst at email@example.com.
View all available positions on our Careers page.