If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident VanDerGinst Law can help you get the compensation to which you are entitled.
Since car accidents, motorcycle accidents and trucking accidents are a matter of public record you may hear from other law firms offering to help if you were involved in one. So, you have a couple of decisions to make right away. First, do you need a lawyer’s help? Second, if you elect to have a lawyer help which one should you choose?
Do you need a lawyer?
A good rule of thumb is that if you suffered injuries in your accident which warranted medical or chiropractic attention then your case likely warrants a lawyer’s attention as well.
People sometimes think that they can handle their claim with the insurance company on their own, and of course that is an option. But, as Abraham Lincoln said, “He who represents himself in a lawsuit has a fool for a client”. As an injury victim you need someone who is experienced in handling these types of matters to ensure that you are not taken advantage of.
Regardless of how nice or fair an insurance adjuster may seem to you, he or she is NOT your friend. The adjuster’s job is to get your claim paid off and to have you sign a release as quickly and cheaply as possible. They may make all types of promises, but when push comes to shove they will almost never offer an unrepresented injury victim the type of compensation to which he or she is entitled.
The thought of hiring a lawyer may seem daunting, even intimidating. It is likely a very foreign concept. Some people also think that by not hiring a lawyer they will avoid inconvenience and frustration, and that the attorney fee they save will put more money into their own pocket when it comes time to resolve the claim.
However, with an experienced law firm like VanDerGinst Law, just the opposite is usually true. There is no need to feel intimidated or frustrated. We make everything easy so that all you have to worry about is the healing process. With respect to “saving money” by not hiring a lawyer, the insurance industry itself has done a study that shows that an injury client who is represented by an attorney will, on average, put more than two and a half times the compensation into his or her pocket as compared to an injury victim who chooses to go it alone. You were a victim in the accident. Don’t allow yourself to be victimized again, by an insurance adjuster.
What lawyer should you hire to help you?
VanDerGinst Law is the right law firm to help in any accident case.
Choosing a lawyer is similar to choosing a doctor. You wouldn’t choose a gynecologist or a family practice doctor to perform brain surgery. Nor should you choose a general practice lawyer or non-personal injury attorney handle your injury claim.
At VanDerGinst Law we have the experience necessary to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Why you should let VanDerGinst Law help you with your injury case
- Experience Counts. We have represented tens of thousands of injury victims and have recovered over $100 million on their behalf. Our staff and attorneys have hundreds of years in combined experience in helping injured persons.
- Commitment. You’re the boss. Most of the injury cases we handle get settled out of court. But, if you aren’t happy with a settlement offer we will fight tooth and nail in the courtroom to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Free Consultation. You can speak to us about your case for FREE, with absolutely no obligation.
- No Fee If We Don’t Win Your Case. We put our money where our mouth is. We are so confident that we can help you that we guarantee that if we don’t win your injury case you don’t owe us a dime. It’s as simple as that.
- Trusted. Each year hundreds of injury clients are referred to us by former clients, doctors and even other lawyers. They do so because they know that they can trust us to diligently represent their friends, family, patients and clients. If they can trust us, so can you.
- Honored. We don’t like to blow our own horn. But, it is important for you to know that we know what we are doing when it comes to personal injury cases. The lawyers of VanDerGinst Law have been selected by peers, clients and the public in general for numerous honors and distinctions including, but not limited to:
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” according to the American Trial Lawyers Association
- “Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in American”, according to LawDragon Publications,
- “America’s Premier Lawyers”
- “Who’s Who in American Law”
- “Leading Lawyers Network” for Personal Injury and Workers Compensation
- The “Million” and “Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum”
- The “Best Attorneys Network”
And numerous others! Of course, our biggest honor is the trust that clients put in us each day.
- We are local. This is IMPORTANT. If you have been in an accident you may hear from law firms headquartered out of town. They try to impress you that they are from the “big city”. Excuse our bluntness, but so what? We will stack our resources, successes and accomplishments up against any other law firm. If you check you may find that the main partners in those firms are not even licensed to practice law in your state! So, they end up hiring co-counsel like VanDerGinst Law anyway, or they “assign” the file to a fresh faced lawyer with little experience. Being local means that we have local connections and resources. Who is going to care more about you and your well being . . . a law firm headquartered far away which is simply “mining for cases” and where you may never even meet your lawyer , or a firm made up of local friends and neighbors who do business in the community, like VanDerGinst Law?
- We DO NOT represent insurance companies, EVER! Many law firms make their primary living by representing the interests of insurance companies, but they will represent the occasional injury victim when they can. To us, that is like serving two masters! On the one hand they defend negligent drivers on behalf of insurance companies. On the other hand they sue negligent drivers who are insured by the very insurance companies whose interest they sometimes represent. Do you think that a law firm like that will be totally unbiased when representing your interests as an injury victim? If you are talking with other law firms be sure to ask if any of the attorneys in that law firm ever represent the interests of insurance companies. We never have and never will. Our loyalties are always to you, the injured victim.
- No Up Front Hidden Costs. We will advance any costs that might be necessary to pursue your claim. Sometimes that can run hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands of dollars. Other law firms may require a “costs retainer”. Not us! We will front any and all necessary costs and only get it back when we get you money for your injuries.
- Convenient. We know that being injured can make life frustrating. So, we do all we can to make the process as easy and convenient as possible. We have easy-to-access office locations, or if you prefer we can meet you at your home or the hospital. We can even open your file and communicate entirely through telephone and/or the internet if that is easiest for you. When we represent you all we want you to worry about is getting better. We will work to get your property damage resolved. We will gather all the medical records. We will coordinate insurance benefits. We will work hard to get you fair compensation. We will do it all while you focus on the important job of recuperating.
- Charitable. Whether it is in or out of the courtroom, we try to help people. We have supported dozens of local community and charitable efforts and have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars. Our commitment is to our community.
- Most Liked Law Firm on Facebook. Tens of thousands of people have taken the time to “like” our Facebook page because they believe in our commitment to our profession and/or to our community.
There are many things that we can do right after an accident occurs to maximize the likelihood of a good financial recovery for you. Proper investigation, coordination of insurance benefits, securing of evidence and witnesses, provision of very specific information to the opposing insurance company, and many other matters can and should be handled right away. So, please do not hesitate. Contact us today. We would be honored to help. Call 866-788-LAWS(5297).